Monday, November 7, 2011

What to do with my mom?

I'm 15 and a freshman in high school. I do everything I can and have a 4.0, always have, and I am already thinking of college and I will be taking the ACT next month to take cles at a community college nearby next year. I have two sisters, also. My mom works night-shifts, from 10-6:30, Sun.-Thurs., and is always sleeping. It's a shock if she eats dinner with the family for one meal a week. I feel like she hates me. She got knocked up with me when she was 19 and my dad was 23. They had to get married, and know they fight all the time. I feel like my mom blames it on me because she's "stuck with him." Her and I always fight because of stupid stuff she turns into a big deal. It never really got too heated, but today, I needed her to pick me up early next week for midterms and this permission slip needed signed. I told her about them a month ago because she always says I don't tell her until days before, and she said she could. When I mentioned it again today, she had a huge fit like she was 13 over it. My dad was on my side, and I started getting upset because I had made sure she was aware of my schedule long ago. I left the room and so did my dad, slamming her door behind him. My mom then came into my room and started cussing me out telling me I always have an attitude with her and she then proceeded to threaten to kick me out on the streets, said next time she'll slap me, and saying I'm not worth her time. My other sisters are 13 and 10, and even when they hit me and punch me and say they hate me, she says it's my own fault and that I instigated it, and does nothing. My mom doesn't care whether they get good grades or not, but if I get a B on a report card, despite the percentage, I get screamed at. She treats them so different than the ways she treats me, and I'm getting really tired of this little game. My dad always takes my side, being sick of my mom's ways, but doesn't retaliate these comments, just storming away not wanting to sink to her level. She's really getting to me, and I know she shouldn't, but she's not doing my self-esteem any good. I do everything I can to live up to her standards, but never get a 'good job' or 'I'm proud of you," she just tells me what I'm doing wrong. I've been trying to ignore her, but it just makes it worse. I know some of you will probably tell me stuff like "She's trying to push you to do the best you can," or maybe even "She can see you can do something good for this world," but to be honest, even though I would still appreciate, I think we all know that's crap. I have no idea how to deal with this situation. If you could help me out and maybe give me some advice, I would definitely owe you. Please, all advice is welcomed. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment